8.3.12

International Women's Day

Today I have posted a barrage of amazing and wonderful posts and tweets and messages about some brilliant people and ideas that have helped emancipate women, inspire all and encourage change. In no specific order.


Andrew Gibson; swingset. Via my friend Nick.





Angela Davis and Yuri Kochiyama: Mountains that take wing. Via my friend Gav.





Feminists. Everywhere. Past and present. Via UK Feminista and London Feminist Network




Robin Hood Tax's wonderful posts on women in the financial sector.
"Happy International Women's Day. Marion is leading celebrations here in Sherwood. And a fact for the day: In the final report of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission of the US Treasury the words "she", "woman" or "her" do not appear once in its 662 pages. It is a book, like most historical tragedies, written about the follies and hubris of men."
Girls on bikes; How the Bicycle empowered WomenBy Maria Popover @brainpicker
Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.” ~ Susan B. Anthony, 1896
Nina Simone: I've Got Life
There is something i've got, nobody can take it away...
Ani Difranco: Fuel
Beneath the good and the kind and the stupid and the cruelThere's a fire that's just waiting for fuel 
 

No comments: